Thursday, December 13, 2007

Making headway...maybe?

Olivia had a great night last night. My mom stayed with her and she was really pleased with all her numbers and how well she was doing. I went in about 5 this morning and she still looked okay. Then, of course, an Olivia episode. She fussed for 2.5 hours straight and Olivia is not a fussy child. Her numbers were dropping and so they decided to stick her on high flow oxygen. This helped tremendously and she has been great this afternoon. Asleep almost the whole time besides when she got a new IV. She pulled the old one out - ouch! With high flow oxygen, she can't eat, so we'll see how long we can hold her off without her getting too angry. They are trying to wean down from 10 liters to 2 or 3 liters in order for it to be safe for her to eat. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm going to take a nap now - I think I'm on for the night shift...

0 comments: