Friday, January 18, 2008

A bad mommy moment.

Just wanted to share my bad mommy moment for the day - much more traumatic for me than my child - but embarrassing just the same.
Okay, so I sent Jack to school today in his pajamas. I thought it was pajama day. It wasn't. He swears he's not mad at me, it was only a little embarrassing.
It actually could have been a whole lot worse. He originally wanted to wear a pull-up since it was pj day and all. (He's a very sound sleeper and still has to wear a pull-up at night). We got away from that happening and decided it wouldn't be such a good idea. Then he was going to wear his Scooby Doo slippers to school, but decided to wear his tennis shoes and just take his slippers in his backpack. Finally, he was really nervous about wearing his p.j.'s in case the other kids didn't or someone thought he looked silly. Gee, I helped out with that one! Anyway, to make him feel better, I sent a pair of windpants, just in case he was uncomfortable. Hmmm, maybe subconsciously I knew it wasn't pajama day. Who knows. So, I pull up in the parent pick-up line and all the kids are in their street clothes. Jack hopped in and I asked where his p.j.'s went. "It wasn't pajama day, mom. It's not until next week." Nice. Luckily Mrs. Nudd realized what was going on and had him change. Of course Jack let her know his mom told him it was pajama day. I guess we'll try again next Friday. Today was just a little preview. I hate when I'm wrong and things like this happen.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you were having a "Heather" moment. *tehehehe*

Judy said...

My word I was laughing as I read this! You've got a lot going on, so don't beat yourself up too much! Hope pj day goes well this week!!