Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Midnight madness...

So, it's 4 minutes until midnight and Olivia and I are "bonding." I don't usually keep these hours. It doesn't work well for me, so please disregard any misspellings, grammatical errors, foul language, etc...

You see, when Olivia is congested and she has a bottle, about 65% of the time, it all comes back up. Sometimes right away, sometimes not.

She woke up at 10:30 crying and crying. I resorted to giving her some milk. Silence. About 10 minutes of sleep followed. Then more crying. We'll try juice this time. I'll avoid the sound effects that came next, but needless to say, in the last hour and a half, Olivia has had a bath, I've cleaned the carpet, done a load of laundry, and changed two poopy diapers (She's been very constipated, so I suppose this is a good thing). She's having quite a night. Currently I am trying to keep her out of the "clean" area so she doesn't inhale all the cleaning solution I used and keep her at least a little bit quiet so we don't attract a crowd down here. Here is what she is doing:



Unfortunately, I missed the part where she was playing the drum. But hey, I've been wanting to try to post some video, just to see how it works. I should be thanking her for this opportunity, huh? Anyway, I have a couple of other things I've been meaning to blog about, so if we are still up later, I'll get those posted. Otherwise - until next time...

Okay - it's taking way too long to upload the video. I must be doing something wrong. I'll try again during my normal operating hours. Sorry for the teaser!

2 comments:

Thistle Creek Photography said...

Sounds like some real fun!, We all went through the flu before Christmas, and we had a guest with a 2 month old for those couple days. It was such fun.

Michelle O.

(I just remembered to check your blog again finally)

I have lots to catch up on.

Judy said...

Whenever I have horrible days or nights like that my mom always assures me "this too shall pass...they won't be little forever." I'm glad you survived your midnight madness!