Monday, February 4, 2008

An eventful "Wii"kend

What a big weekend!
It started Friday with a sick kid. Jack woke up with an upset tummy, so he missed school. This was devastating. We were scheduled to host a Bible study group and Jack was the most upset that his friends weren't going to be able to come over. We just didn't want to be responsible for infecting the whole community with a virus, but he just couldn't understand this. By about 10:00 am he was fine, which made me feel awful for not sending him to school. I really did feel like we were playing hooky.
Anyway - the kids and I went to Dunlap for the weekend. Zac had class so he wasn't able to join us:( It's actually my b'day weekend and we still celebrate with birthday parties in my family. Doesn't matter how old you are - there's still cake and presents in the Trent family! It just so happens that my b'day always falls on or around Super Bowl Sunday, so I have to share it with all the greasy football food. No complaints here!


We opened presents early so everyone could enjoy the new Wii! I'd asked for a Wii for Zac and I for our birthdays since they are only a month apart. He doesn't like video games, but I've always been an addict. Jack and I just sit around and play our Gameboys quite often. It really is a sickness. Needless to say, we spent most of the weekend on the Wii. The whole family loves it and I even got some "family" games to go with it. The kids caught on quickly.
Saturday night was a big event. My brother-in-law, Brian, and I took Brooklyn and my niece, Emmy, to see the Hannah Montana concert on the big screen at the movie theater. They were so excited and got all decked out for the occasion. It was entertaining when I took the girls to the bathroom and we came back and Uncle Bri was singing to the Jonas Brothers with his totally cool 3-D glasses on! Good times had by all.
Olivia had her picture taken. I needed a new one of her since her last one was soooo... long ago. She wasn't so thrilled about this. Normally, she smiles whenever she sees a camera. Not so much this time. We didn't get one smile. Oh well, they still turned out okay.



The Super Bowl was fine. I never watch it until the end - which was actually good this year. We always just play with the kids while the football fans watch the game. We had quite a spread and especially enjoyed dessert. Emmy made me a Princess Cake from her Princess cookbook! I thought I had a picture of it, but I guess not.
Everyone weathered the weekend okay. The snowstorm kept us in Dunlap Sunday night, so we got up at 5:00 this morning and drove back to get Jack to school. The girls are both napping, so I should probably spend some time enjoying the peace after a long weekend. Wait until next weekend - There are 14 people from the family going to Wisconsin Dells to the Waterpark - should have some good pics from that so be sure to stay tuned...



3 comments:

Heather said...

Our families are so much alike! We too still celebrate birthdays (I can't imagine not doing so!) with all the family getting together...cake...presents...etc etc. And now that Ryan is "part of the family"....he too gets honored on his bday! ;)

Love the blog! :)

Judy said...

I believe cake and presents are appropriate at all ages!! Sounds like a fun weekend.
Great pictures of Miss Olivia. She is getting so big!!

Nic said...

I feel like crying....your kids are so big! It's been too long! I can't wait to see you this weekend! I miss you guys soooo much! nic