Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Half Birthday to Olivia!!

That's right! Olivia is 18 months old today! Here are some of the things we've done to celebrate today.

Olivia woke up at 5:00 am with a fever. I related this to her shots from yesterday, but then she started vomiting. So, it looks like we are celebrating with a bit of the stomach flu. Just when the house was starting to smell somewhat "normal" from our last vomiting marathon. Anyway, the poor thing isn't feeling well at all. I don't think I've seen a single smile all day and she's been fussing pretty much nonstop all day. What a way to spend the day!

On the bright side, so far I've caught all the vomit in a towel or blanket, so I haven't had to clean carpets, yet (I'm knocking on wood right now). Probably more than you all wanted to know, but I need to vent somewhere.

Oh well, this too shall pass. As long as it makes it way through the rest of the family and heads on out the door by the end of next week, we'll be good. That's when we get to head to bright and sunny Florida for Uncle Ty & Aunt Jen's wedding! We can't wait! Do you think Spring has forgotten us?

Anyway, I'll leave you with a pic of Olivia from last weekend. You really don't want to see a picture from today - she's not been very photogenic. Have a good day!


That's Uncle Bri avoiding the camera. How rude!

2 comments:

K & J said...

Aww, love the pic of Olivia.

We haven't had the vomiting, so Brooklyn didn't catch it from us. Just wanted to make sure we were cleared of all blame. I can't say the same for Ethan's classroom, but your household isn't on my conscious ;-p

Kristen

Judy said...

We know a little too much about the flu around here. My nephew has it now...he's thrown up 11 times in the past 12 hours...poor little boy. I think it's especially terrible when they're little and their vomit has no aim. Christian always wants me to hold him right when he's about to throw up, so I usually get covered. Have fun with all the laundry. Hopefully the big kids won't catch it!