Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Vegas Vacation...revisited.

Now that we've been back for a whole week and a half, I figured it was finally time to blog about the Vegas trip. As most of you know, we won a whopping $140...on the plane. We should have just gotten a return flight right then and called it a win, but we ended up taking the gamble of staying for a few more days. That was the end of our lucky streak, but not the end of the fun, by far!



Zac and I finally went to see Jersey Boys on Sunday night. It was awesome.



On Monday, my best friend Nicole and her hubby, Ben flew in. This was their 10-year anniversary trip, and they kindly invited us along, never thinking

we would take them up on it! We spent lots of time by the pool,



of time by "our" machines,



lots of time walking, and lots and lots of time eating.

I did win a little bit of money (something like 279 nickels), but I got greedy and then lost it all.

It was a much needed trip and came at the perfect time.
Next up...11 days until Disney World. Imagine this...fifteen family members in matching t-shirts, 2 adjoining rooms, 5 days, 4 kids age 7 and under, hot weather, lack of sleep, etc... Tell me that's not going to make for some good blogging material?!?

12 comments:

Heather said...

We will be hitting up Disneyland within the next two years....might even take a Disney cruise? I will have to pick your brain when it comes time to start planning....

Bethany said...

Disneyland will be so much fun. I'm jealous already :)

Claire said...

Vegas *and* Disney? I am redonkulously jealous! Have fun!

Cxx

Nic said...

I LOVE THE NICKELS PICTURE! That was a great moment. We had no idea what was going on. I was so excited for you....yet jealous that you were getting all of this money and didn't know why :) GREAT MEMORIES!

Nic said...

Oh...and you forgot to mention something.....I know some things stay in Vegas, but I already called you out on my blog.......

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Disney. We are going the second week in August, Kenna is getting excited!!

Spring, Loren and McKenna

Anonymous said...

I love Claire's "redonkulously" word! I'm not jealous because I'm not the best traveller but I'm REDONKULOUSLY happy that you had a great 4th of July and Vegas trip. I'll be waiting to see the Disneyland pictures. Love Diny

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a well deserved vacation in Vegas and I can't wait to see you guys when you come to Florida. Too bad Ty and I can't join you this year at Disneyland and wear matching T-shirts but we will have many chances to in the years to come with little Hannah. Also I hope Hannah stops being stubborn and decide's to make her appearance when you guys come to visit Ocala so we can introduce you to your new niece and you won't have to wait until Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see you guys and I am thinking of you all often.

Love,

Jenn

The Conlon Family said...

I'm so jealous about Disney. We love it there and will hopefully get to go next Spring Break. We'd love to see you sometime. Let us know when you're up for some bar-be-que.
Karen, Kikr, & Aubrey

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a busy summer! Sounds like fun. You guys will have a blast at Disney - we did. The kids are still talking about it constantly. Glad you are loving the house. Will have to stop by one of these days ;) Love the Olivia bracelets. They are very thoughtful and definitely a hit.
Tara Osman

Peoria Peepers said...

LOL, the Florida pictures will be fun to see!

Anonymous said...

Julie,

We look forward to reading the posts and seeing the pictures on your trip to Florida. Have a great time!

We got back from our Euro-Disney vacation with stop-overs in Paris and Madrid on Saturday, 7/11. All went well but we are happy to be home.

By the way, I think I will try to take our kids to the Matthiessen State Park in Utica; it looks like fun.

Judy, Kevin, Jeannie & Kevin