Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Time change, nice people, Olivia's hangout, etc...


We just had to share the nice thing that happened to us the other day. Brooklyn, Olivia, and I were at WalMart doing our shopping before we went to pick up Jack at school. We got in the long checkout line and, low and behold, Brookyn had to go potty. She said she could hold it while we checked out and then we rushed over to the bathroom. Now, as much as I appreciate a clean bathroom, we have never, or at least almost never, been able to go at WalMart because they are ALWAYS cleaning it. So, we headed out. I was saying nasty things about WalMart's clean bathrooms in my head when a lady stopped us to give Brooklyn a quarter to get a treat out of the machine for being so good in line! Wasn't that the nicest thing! Brooklyn's face just lit up and it really made her day, and I forgot all about the bathroom thing. Yes, just a quarter. But that huge piece of green apple bubblegum for Brooklyn, priceless.

On another note, here is what the time change is doing to people in our house. This is Brooklyn on Monday night at 5:30. She ended up sleeping through the night, but the kids - all of them - have been getting up as early as 4:45. This doesn't work for me. If I'm lucky, Zac hasn't left for his run or for the weightroom, and he will hang out with them, but if I want a happy house, he goes on his way and I drag myself out of bed. Why can't this be me at 5:30 in the evening?





Here's what the other two do to pass their time. They hang out in laundry baskets and watch TV.



Or Olivia hangs out under her exersaucer. She climbs in one end and rolls around under there for a while.




1 comments:

Judy said...

Cute picture of Jack and Olivia in the laundry basket! What a great big brother!!! Our laundry basket usually becomes a boat about once a week...that is, if I ever get the clothes out of it!