Monday, August 11, 2008

Record breaker

Olivia had her St. Jude appointment today. They were able to draw from her mediport and replace it with a new needle. The doctor decided to go ahead and try to get some labs that may indicate a little more about what had been going on with her. They take a little longer, so we won't know the results for a week or so.

But...we did get the results of the standard tests and (drum roll, please)...

Hemoglobin - 12.4

White count - 5.7

Platelets - 190,000

These are lifetime records for Olivia (without the help of blood products from someone else) She did this all on her own!! Awesome! It was a great visit and we will go back next Monday. If she stays consistent with her counts, they will hold off a few more weeks to do the bone marrow biopsy. Right now it's tentatively scheduled for the 25th, but if she continues like she has it will get pushed on back! I tried to get a cute picture of her for this post, but this is the look I got.


Better luck next time, huh?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great numbers Olivia! WOW! I guess after a full day like that you are entitled to be grumpy for the camera...and yes...even that is cute! GOOD JOB!
See you soon,
Laura Schmidt

Judy said...

I think that look is cute! What a funny girl! How exciting that she is doing so well. What a relief to finally get some great news! I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight, that is, if Olivia lets you :)

Anonymous said...

As long as you give numbers like that Olivia, you are allowed to practice your "I'm almost two!" look. Love, Grandma & Grandpa C.

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray! So happy to hear about Oliva's great numbers! Cute picture....We're always thinking about you!
Love,
Jen Weber

Jodi ,PICU RN said...

Hey guys, just thought I would check to see how Olivia is doing, and what GREAT news!! Now lets set a new record for amount of time @home. And she made it home with time to spare before she turns 2. YEAH OLIVIA!!

Hotz' said...

haha love that face expression. When I was in labor, my hemoglobin levels were VERY low...Olivia's numbers were kicking major butt compared to my hospital numbers...yay!

Ellen Davis said...

That is the cutest, most personality-filled picture I have seen in awhile!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!!! I love that look

miss you
ann, picu