Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas catch-up Part One

Not that anyone is even interested, but I'm finally getting around to post about Christmas. It's going to be in a totally random order because I can't find one of my memory cards. I have the pictures my mom took over Christmas, so until I find mine, I'm afraid the Chatterton side is going to have to wait until I find that card. Sorry.

December 22nd - the Chatterton/Newman/Trent Christmas celebration...

We usually host this event every year, but the last two were at my parent's house since Olivia was in the hospital. So this is the first year we hosted in Macomb. We have delicious appetizers, good wine, and too many presents.

The cousins all had a great time playing with the new loot.


Both big girls got the Barbie Cruise Ship which was a big hit and the boys got their own putting green. Olivia loved all the commotion and can't wait to start pushing around her new shopping cart!

December 25th - Christmas Day...

I have no pictures from the morning since I left my camera at the in-laws on Christmas Eve. Boohoo. I may have taken some pictures with Jack's camera, but I have no clue where that is. So, the pics start at my parent's house later in the day.

After waking up to find that Santa had found our house, we packed up and went to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Peoria for Jesus' birthday party and breakfast.

This has been a tradition for over 50 years. Although it's changed locations a few times, you'll always find your fair share of pancakes, pickled herring (yuck!) and potato sausage (can you tell we have a bit of a Swedish background?)

After the breakfast, Zac and I took the kids down to the hospital. We went up to the PICU to visit and drop off some cards the kids had made for the sick kids up there. We've spent so many holidays with them, we couldn't go without seeing them on Christmas!

Then to Mom and Dad's for a small break until everyone comes back to their house for presents, pizza making, and games. We started the pizza tradition at least 5 or 6 years ago. We all make our own pizzas - any and every ingredient you can imagine (except anchovies)!


A little Christmas Concert to pass the time...

Away in a manger, I assume...

The boys' part...

The kids were excellent. It's awesome how much better they get along the older they get. It's great to see.


Other excitement for the day...my niece lost her first tooth on Christmas Day! My mom asked to feel how wiggley it was and out it came! If she looks a little concerned, it's because she was. It freaked her out a little bit.
We stayed that night in Peoria and I got up early to do the "Day After Christmas Sales." I got some pretty good deals. Then I actually got to partake in another family tradition that I usually miss. My grandma takes everyone out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and then to a movie. I did the lunch portion, but skipped the movie. This made for a great ending to a wonderful holiday season!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your grandma is such a doll. She sent us this adorable ornament from one of her travels...what a sweet beautiful lady...

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting with great anticipation for those pics. I love Livvy's "necklace". We all really miss you guys and getting to talk to you everyday, but we will certainly settle for the blog and personal visits.

Bethany, PICU