Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We're heading the right direction...

Finally.
Olivia is doing so much better. I really thought Zac was going to have to have me institutionalized last night. So far today we have had no vomiting! (Knock on wood...) Yippee!
We did, however, have to travel back to Peoria for more labs. I drew her INR at home this morning and it was 5.1. Too high. They wanted to double check the accuracy of our machine. I drew again while she was sound asleep in the parking lot of the hospital and got a 3.7. Much better. The lab got 3.1 which is with normal range, so we *hopefully* won't have to go back tomorrow. I'll draw again in the morning and call that in and see what they say. I did also request a BMP lab to tell how she is doing otherwise (with hydration and such) just for my own peace of mind. I didn't get a call back about that, so I'm sure we'll hear tomorrow. The fact that she has been eating and keeping it down is a great sign that she is on the mend. She's been happier this afternoon than she has been since last Thursday.
Now Zac thinks he may have a touch of the bug. He came home early from work and moaned and groaned on the couch for a while before heading out to a wrestling match. This may just be what it takes to push me completely over the edge. He is worse than all three kids. Put together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all it takes to drive you to Crazyville? A sick husband? Lightweight ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've said all along that sick men should be shot! Don't let Jack take lessons from Zac!

Thistle Creek Photography said...

Glad to hear Olivia is on the right track!

Heather said...

I love how when men get sick...no one has ever been sicker then them...and they are going to die.

Ryan got sick last year...and blamed me for his prolonged sickness because we ran out of chicken noodle soup. What a nerd. lol