Monday, January 19, 2009

Ears, Swallowing, and Miracles

Olivia hasn't slept in days, which in turn means I haven't slept in days.
I took her in to the pediatrician today and actually hoped that she had an ear infection and this wasn't just a phase. Luckily, that was the case. Is it sad to wish for that?
Anyway, hopefully starting an antibiotic will get her back to sleeping at nights. It would benefit the entire family, I'm sure.
We go to Peoria for her swallow study tomorrow. I'm hoping she is able to get off her current rice cereal diet and back to just using the Honey Thick thickener. She's gained almost 1.5 pounds in 3 weeks, which is just too much. It's good to gain wait, but in a reasonable manner. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
And, the best news of all...Olivia was nominated by the medical staff as a Miracle Kid for the Children's Hospital of Illinois. This is huge! We may be able to share her story and tell people how amazing the doctors and nurses are that have cared for Olivia. We are filling out the paperwork for it and don't know when or what we'll hear back. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Judy said...

I've actually hoped for an ear infection before. At least they can just give you an antibiotic and be done with it. But I've been wasting my money lately and McKenna's last two dr visits have ended up just being teeth - darn it! The teeth thing is making us have many, many sleepless nights these days, so I can totally sympathize.
I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and that Olivia is feeling much better soon!

Thistle Creek Photography said...

I dont think hoping to know what you are up against is wrong, nor is the hope that what is wrong is simple and easily fixed.

Very Exciting about the miracle Child nomination!