Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This is getting really old.

Olivia's INR today was 5.7 which is a huge improvement. We went to Peoria for labs and it took another 6 hours out of our day. Granted 3 hours of that is driving time, but I feel like I haven't been home in days. I had Brooklyn with us today, too. She did awesome! That's more than I can say for Olivia. The second we walk into the lab, she screams. The second we turn the corner to walk in to the cardiology office, she screams. She's definitely picked up on all this medical stuff. I finally just told them to call me when they needed us back in the office and we hung out in the cafeteria and on the little skywalk there. Anyway, we are going to try to check her INR on our home machine in the morning. If we get a reliable reading, we'll probably restart her coumadin on Thursday. If not, we'll have to drive back to Peoria again tomorrow to compare it with the lab. The thought of that makes me cringe.
She's still having a few issues. She's not keeping down as much food as she needs to, but I don't think it's flu related anymore. She has a tendency to do this after she's taken a hiatus from eating. I do hope she snaps out of it soon, though. I'm so tired of cleaning up bodily fluids. On a bright note, the pee did pick up a little bit...thanks for the prayers!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so sorry that your days are consumed by cleaning up and keeping track of bodily fluids. It really stinks, literally and figuratively!! I'm glad to hear that she is doing better and that Brooklyn was such a good sport today!

Anonymous said...

I was really hoping you guys would be done with this by now. Has Olivia's mood been okay? We're all better here so if you need to make another trip, feel free to leave Brooklyn with us. Gavin would love a playdate.

I hear you about the body fluids. Thankfully my kids each only did one end & not both. I still had to deal with both, but at least not with the same kid - small consolation.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.