Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prayer requests...

So, our time at home didn't quite work out as planned. Olivia had a really good night last night, but then took a turn for the worse today. She had quite a few pulmonary hypertensive episodes this morning that weren't precipitated by anything at all. Around 11:30 or so, she dropped her oxygen saturations into the 30's. From then on, she fluctuated between the 50's and 60's. They did start her on IV Flolan, which is for pulmonary hypertension. She gets it now through her ventilator, but they thought she may not be absorbing it completely. They started the IV Flolan, but she seemed to get worse. Around 3:15, they turned off the IV Flolan and turned her to her belly. Since then, she has slowly come around and is doing so much better now - just dealing with lower blood pressures.
Zac is on his way here and we are going to have a family meeting about Olivia's care. We need to make some really hard decisions about how much is too much, and how far we would want them to go in these kinds of situations. I don't think it's going to be a fun meeting whatsoever, so I'm asking for some specific prayer requests for that.
Also, Brooklyn's end of year picnic is tonight - the other reason I was home. We had a really good day today and I told her I would try really hard to make it back tonight. Now, neither Zac or I will be there which is killing me. My mom headed out to go to Macomb and take the kids, which they will be so excited about. I just wish we could all be there. I also ask for prayers that I won't be overcome with guilt and that Brooklyn will have a wonderful time with Grandma and Jack!
Keep you posted...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying as always...love you guys

Joy

Crystal Montgomery said...

I know you are facing some heartbreaking decisions that no parent should ever have to make...I'm so sorry. We will be praying as always.

Lizzie said...

Praying everyday as always and hoping for the best for all of you!!! Praying especially harder today!!! Love you all

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Zac and your family as go through this difficult time. Your strength amazes me.

Spring, Loren and McKenna Churchill

Leesa Palmer said...

I was at the picnic and talked to your Mom. Brooklyn and Jack were having lots of fun. I recorded Brooklyn's performance, so I will get a copy to you if your Mom didn't take a video. She did a great job and did all the motions. Alexander, on the other hand, just stood there and smiled because his best buddy, Gabe, was back in town. Both kids played outside quite a bit. They did fine. They were very happy that Grandma was there. We are sending prayers for Olivia. The Palmers