Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Torn.

It's so nice to be home. I'm having a great time with Brooklyn, and it was great to pick Jack up from school and get him ready for his big game tonight. But it's so hard not to be with Olivia. This stinks. She had a small pulmonary hypertensive episode this afternoon. My mom is with her and called to say she was struggling. I was on my way out the door when I finally just asked the doctor if I should come over. He said no, she was turning things around. Of course, she did turn things around, but it still kills me to not be there.
Besides all that, Olivia seems to be having a good day. No major changes.
Jack had a field trip to Galesburg on the train this morning. He said he had fun, but that was the extent of the information I got. Grandma got a lot more info than me. Imagine that. He's such a boy.
Brooklyn was able to have a playdate this morning, and we hung out the rest of the afternoon. It was some quality "girl time." Tomorrow is another day here, so we need some big prayers that Olivia behaves so mommy can relax!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you...that everyone has a good night and a good day tomorrow!
Kara

Anonymous said...

May God fill you with His peace and comfort so you may rest in the reassurance that He has all bases covered! His angels make quite a team. Their team is called the guardians! Sleep well. Love, Diny

Anonymous said...

i hope Olivia gets a whole lot better, it sounds like she's coming along very well.

Cody =)

The Malcolm Family said...

I can only imagine how torn you feel when your not there with Olivia, Your a great Mom and your kids are so lucky to have you!!! I will be praying that Olivia has a calm day and night. :)

Judy said...

I'm so glad your mom is with Olivia, that's got to give you lots of comfort. I'll bet Brooklyn is LOVING having you home! I hope you can relax enough to enjoy it a little. I can only imagine how torn you feel. I'm sure you're never away from your phone :) I wouldn't be either! I hope Olivia has a great day today and has fun with her Grandma.