Tuesday, July 15, 2008


A rough night for Olivia - I got a call around 1:00 this morning that her pressures had dropped and she had a temperature around 104. They had given her a blood transfusion and thought it could be a reaction, so they ran tests to determine that. They also ran cultures from all of her lines. Both of those things aren't back yet. She also had to go back on high flow 10liters, 100% and have a catheter put back in. She's not been peeing well at all. Yesterday they finally decided to switch her diuretics up a little bit to see if that would help - apparently it didn't. Low pressures can also cause her not to pee, though. Who knows? Hopefully we can get something figured out today and get her back on track. We have learned to expect these setbacks when Olivia is in the hospital, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. Especially with how happy and playful she has been lately. Thanks for continuing to keep Olivia in your thoughts and prayers!