Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday...

We're getting rid of some of the medicine pumps!

Check this out!
We're down to 9!

Still the same, maybe one more machine?
But, that's okay - we'll get there.

What a great day! Olivia had a really good day. When I left this evening, she was having a few little issues regarding her blood pressure, but otherwise we had a productive day. It turns out Olivia has a 3rd infection in her lungs. I didn't quite catch the name of it, but they took her off of her 3 previous antibiotics and started 1 new one. They are trying her feeds again, so she will get a teaspoon of milk every hour through her feeding tube. They removed the NG tube, which was draining the icky stuff and air out of her tummy. She is still pretty puffy, but not anything like she has been. Also, her oxygen is down to 45%! Hopefully this isn't too many changes for Olivia. She does like to take things slow!


So, I thought Olivia should at least be in style while in the hospital. I took in her "BabyLegs" leg warmers and her fuzzy pink socks. These are both perfect for a hospital. Her feet stay warm and the leg warmers keep her legs warm (obviously) but the doctors and nurses are also able to still access her lines!

Isn't she stylin'? Nurse Bethany put her her two ponytails in today, too. It's hard to tell in the picture, but they are super cute.

Me and Nicole

Did I ever mention, we are in isolation. This is the lovely garb we have to wear when in Olivia's room. I sure wish they came in a variety of colors. It would definitely add some excitement to the unit.

To add to the excitement of the day, my best friend Nicole came to visit! She came around noon and we went out to lunch, had good food and great conversation. This meant so much to me for her to come. She had to find babysitters for kids, drive 2 hours, and pay the ridiculous gas prices on top of all that! Then she sat with Olivia and I all afternoon. Hope we weren't too boring, Nic.- and you did get those pacifiers;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Olivia,
So glad to hear your good news! We will continue to pray for you ALL! Hopefully tomorrow will be even better...wouldn't that be awesome? I hope your mom is able to make it to the wedding. I know that you will be in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa Trent! Tell Grandma hi for me! Keep up the good work, Olivia! We're praying for you!
Much love and many prayers,
Jen Weber and family

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl with an amazing mother. I am so lucky to be a part of your life. I love you both! Nicole

Judy said...

Oh Julie, I'm so glad you had a friend come spend some time with you. I'm sure that helped to lift your spirits!! Those isolation gowns look familiar, they must only make one color nationwide :)
We're thrilled to hear that Olivia is continuing to make good progress!