Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Postponed

Olivia's not going to surgery today. Turns out she spiked a fever around 7:30 last night. Then about 12:30 this morning she dropped her pressures into the 30's, dropped her sats into the 30's and took some big setbacks. She is paralyzed again, up to full capacity on her nitric oxide, up on her vent settings, back on an epinephrine drip, and on 2 antibiotics, again. They drew cultures, so we'll wait for results of those (up to 48 hours or more).
They had determined late last night that she wouldn't be going to the operating room today, so I don't know if she got mad and was trying to voice her opinion, or if this is all a response to the fever and she wanted to make sure they weren't considering taking her in. Either way, she's waiting.
I guess she decided she wasn't as ready as we were. It's going to be a very hard wait until she is ready again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chattertons,

Chris and I read your blog daily and continue to pray for all of you. We are so sorry for yet another setback. Just know that we at Immanuel are praying for you daily and we hope that gives you all strength. We look forward to the day we can all worship together again!

Chris and Julia Frankhauser

Anonymous said...

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

See you tomorrow. Of course, we could be the ones waiting tomorrow (but for now we're on).

God loves you and so do we.

-- Mike and Kathy Burdick

threekidchaos said...

You know, I had nothing going on today. I was going to spend the whole day pressing refresh on your blog to track Olivia's progress. Now I guess I'll have to find something else to do, like go to aerobics. Thanks Olivia.

Praying for quick healing from this latest fever so the surgery can be rescheduled & for your patience as you wait some more.

K~

Anonymous said...

Dear Chatterton Family,
I am so sorry to hear about your setback. We will keep those prayers going so that Olivia can recover from whatever this may be so that she can get her surgery. We will also pray for you as you wait once again to see what the next step will be. I am sure it is extremely hard to be patient through all of this. Keep the faith! We are thinking about you as always!
Jen Weber

Lindsay said...

Chatterton Family,

You have been on my mind often since finding out about Olivia's surgery from Madison and Brooklyn's teacher. I have been praying for strength and comfort for you as a mother. Here's a verse for you today from The Message version of the Bible:
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen."
Jeremiah 29:11-12

Be encouraged and be blessed!
Lindsay Steward (Madison's mom)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the setback. As usual Olivia is running the show!! Hang in there and we will pray that it is a very short delay. Kay

Judy said...

My goodness! How frustrating that things are getting delayed. Keep staying positive! We've got lots of people praying for you guys here in Pa!!