Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rough Olivia Day.

Olivia had a nasty night. She would spike a temp, breathe faster, and was just plain fussy. By this morning, she was completely tuckered out. She became fairly unresponsive and was still working really hard to breathe. After lots of debate between the docs, they thought it would be best to intubate her. So, she is on a ventilator and they were able to put a central line in her groin so they have more IV access. After drawing labs, it showed that she was very acidotic (tuckering out fast). This was definitely a good idea. She's resting comfortably and it's nice to see her breathing so easily.
I debated on whether or not to share this, but it was the sweetest/saddest thing I've ever seen, so I have to. I sat Olivia up right before they intubated her and she looked around and started waving to everybody! Bless her little heart! She is one unbelievable little girl. She amazes me more and more every day.
There seems to be some more thoughts in regards to her pre-leukemia, but I'll save that for a later post. It will be a long one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a rough past few days. I continue to pray for all of you and I am glad that Olivia is resting comfortably today. I agree with you...Spring needs to get here!!! Hang in there.
Kara- Dixon

Anonymous said...

Praying for Olivia and your family

Lynn Lotz

Anonymous said...

So sorry for the setback. Glad she is breathing easier. My heart broke reading about the other two and you not being able to be their for them. That has to be really hard. You are right in saying both sets of Grandparents deserve an award. They are all awesome. kay

Anonymous said...

I share your posts with my daughter's nurse and we are both praying for your family. Your entire family :)

777clarkstreet said...

Thinking of you... ~emily

Angie said...

So sorry. I was up on the unit yesterday and I stopped by Livvy's room and she was so happy playing and smiling. I know her she is a fighter she just needs a few days to relax on the vent.
She always go to keep you and the staff on their toes.

thoughts and prayers
Angie Graham