Monday, March 30, 2009

Silly old fevers.

Olivia is still having fevers from an unknown source. They range anywhere from normal (very rare) to 103+. They continue to culture her when she spikes, but nothing comes of it. Today the doctor decided to try and switch one of her medications to see if that helps. There has been some research that Lasix in Down syndrome children can be linked to fevers. Olivia's been on Lasix since birth, so I don't know that it's the case here, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Olivia's cardiologist decided it would be a good idea to set up a meeting with all of Olivia's doctors so we can formulate some sort of plan. So, that is set up for tomorrow at 2:00. It will be nice to meet with everyone and see what each of their thoughts are regarding the best thing for Olivia.
Otherwise, things are all well here. No big changes.


Anonymous said...

Still praying, and will do so tomorrow when the doctors meet. You are all amazing to me, and we give God the credit for helping you. Phillipians 4:13

Anonymous said...

Oh those will be interesting to see what happens when they change the med. You and Olivia and your entire family are always in our all continue to amaze me with your strength and faith!