Saturday, April 4, 2009

Great start.

So far it's been a great start to the weekend. Olivia is holding her own. Still no big changes, but she seems to be feeling good.
The Penny Carnival was fun. Well, tolerable. The kids were so excited that I picked them up from school, so that made my day right there. Jack was able to get his Wimpy Kid book, actually two. Then I came to find out he doesn't even want to read them. He just likes to draw the pictures from the cartoons inside. Oh well, I'm sure that counts for something. The four of us were able to go out to eat, too. It's been a while since we've all done that. Usually Jack refuses to go out, and it's just Zac, Brooklyn, and I. Then a few intense rounds of Uno Attack, and off to bed!
Today, we have one nephew's b'day party and tomorrow is the other nephew's b'day party! Big weekend!
We've also decided to extend our territory here at OSF. Zac's dad decided to get a room over here, as well! He's doing fine. He has an infection in his shoulder and it's caused some other little problems. He'll be up and going in no time. If you know Grandpa Rod, then you know the staff is getting a run for their money with him! He's quite the character! Regardless, it gives a nice break to have someone else to visit across the way! Extra prayers wouldn't hurt, though.
I also have the sweetest post when I get around to it. The kids broke something at home and wrote us the best "I'm Sorry" notes you can imagine. I have to get them so I can quote them perfectly.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Too funny about the Whimpy Kid books. They are quite popular with the second grade crowd around here!
Now what's this about Rod? Good grief I'm glad you have a blog or we would never know what's going on out here on the east coast!! I can just picture him right now giving those nurses a hard time! Tell him we're praying for him and that he'd better behave!!
Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Olivia. The weekend is sometimes the most restful(boring) time in the hospital. I get to see Jack every now and then at school. The Book Fair was quite the talk, so I'm glad Jack got the book(s) he wanted. We will keep the whole Chatterton clan in our prayers. Tell Olivia it's almost Easter and she might want to SPRING out of that place. Mike was happy to get to see you guys while he was playing Mr. Mom and I was working, that was a first. Take care of the whole gang. Prayers for all of you. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are all having a fun week-end. I am so happy to hear Olivia is staying well. We continue to pray for all of you! Take care!