Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What a difference a day makes!

I can tell a huge difference in Olivia today. She looks really good. She's been really, really awake, but fairly content with that. Her numbers have been awesome. She's not having nearly as many coughing fits. She did get a brand new vent tube yesterday. Her original one was pretty much falling apart. Her platelets were back down to 13,000 like yesterday, so she got tanked up on some more platelets. She is scheduled to go to the cath lab at 8:00 on Friday. I had a lengthy conversation with Dr. Shah about her previous cardiac cath. I shared my concerns with him, but was able to answer lots of questions. He did say that she is definitely a higher risk patient going in because of her pulmonary hypertension, but because she is older and on all sorts of medications and machines, she should be fine. So, I'm feeling much better about things.
Brooklyn is done with school until next Wednesday, so she is excited for a little Easter break. Jack is taking tomorrow off, but we will be studying and reading all day to make up for it =o) So, he's looking forward to an early Easter break, too. We have big plans for the weekend. Uncle Ty (Zac's brother) and Aunt Jenn are flying in from Florida for the weekend. The kids are so excited to see them! It's going to be a short trip for them, so we are going to try to make the most of it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I'm so glad you posted about the CMN, it often creeps up on me every year and I found I've missed it. My husband & I will be making a contribution in Livvy's name. Wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of and praying for you all regarding Livvy's cath today. Erika, RN