Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Her own story.

Everyone always says that, medically, Olivia writes her own book. I could probably make millions selling a copy of that book to medical professionals everywhere. She always seems to do the exact opposite of what you would expect.
When she wakes up, her pressures drop. When you sedate her, her pressures go up. Weird.
So, they are going to do an echo today to see if her heart function is still doing okay and also run a couple of labs that may explain some things.
The night nurse said she had to give Olivia a boatload of sedation medication last night to get her to settle back down...I mean a boatload. She wouldn't even admit to how much! Not that we want Olivia to be subjected to so many strong drugs, but she really does eat it up like candy, so it's very necessary. Otherwise, they will probably put her back on a paralytic (I still don't want that).
If I hear any echo results, I'll be sure to pass it along!
News on the home front....we actually have a showing this afternoon. Crazy, I know. The sign just went up yesterday. So, we are by no means getting our hopes up. It's just going to be good practice for my mother-in-law to get used to having to get the house ready ;)

3 comments:

The Malcolm Family said...

I hope everything turns out ok with the echo. I hope your house sells right away!! The less stress for you guys the better. :)

Judy said...

You do have THE BEST mother-in-law!! I can't believe you're having a showing already! That was quick! Wouldn't it be totally amazing if it sold that quickly? We'll keep our fingers crossed!
Keep us posted on Miss O!

Heather said...

Hey! We had a cousin who sold their house 2 hours after putting a sign in the yard! So don't dismiss your showing as not working in your favor...